Education FAQs 2022
What are the dates and venues of the 2022 Education programs?
Primary Schools Days:
- Thursday 19 May, Riverside Theatres, Parramatta
- Monday 23 May, Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre
- Tuesday 24 May, The Concourse, Chatswood
- Wednesday 25 May, Sydney Town Hall
- Thursday 26 May, Sydney Town Hall
Secondary Schools Days:
- Thursday 19 May, Sydney Town Hall
- Monday 23 May, The Concourse, Chatswood
- Tuesday 24 May, Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre
Student Sessions will be announced at the beginning of 2022.
How do I book tickets?
Please see the:
Tickets to Student Sessions will be available in February 2022.
How do I make a payment?
Instructions are included on the initial invoice sent to you once your booking is confirmed. Options include:
- Pay via credit card – please follow the instructions on your invoice carefully. If you wish to pay by credit card over the phone, please call our Box Office team on (02) 9256 4200, quoting your reference number.
- Pay via EFT bank transfer – Westpac | BSB 032 100 | Account No 143312. Once paid, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your EFT confirmation/remittance advice quoting your reference number.
- Pay via EdConnect – please refer to your invoice for guidance. PO numbers must be provided.
- Pay via CEO (Catholic Education Office) – please refer to your invoice for guidance. PO numbers must be provided.
Where do I find information about COVID Safety?
Sydney Writers' Festival and the Education venues are following all NSW Government health guidelines and all safety procedures will be in line with NSW Government health guidelines on the day of the event.
If you have any queries, please contact our customer service team on (02) 9256 4200 or email email@example.com.
Is there a minimum number of students I need to book for?
There’s no minimum booking.
My school has an ICSEA value of under 1000, how many free tickets can I book to Sydney Town Hall?
There is a maximum of 60 free tickets per school to Sydney Town Hall.
How do I book my complimentary teacher tickets?
For every 20 student tickets purchased to the School Days program, you are entitled to one complimentary teacher ticket. Please select these when you are booking via the online booking form.
Please note, this does not apply to schools with an ICSEA value under 1000, for which all teacher tickets are complimentary.
What year groups are the Education programs suitable for?
- Primary School Days is best suited for years 3–6.
- Secondary School Days is best suited for years 7–10.
- Student Sessions (to be announced) is best suited for years 9–12.
My students have access requirements. Who can I speak to?
All Education venues are wheelchair accessible. When you are filling out your booking form, please enter any access requirements. Alternatively, contact our customer service team on (02) 9256 4200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.
Can students buy books on the day?
Yes. Signed books by participating authors will be available for purchase at each event.
Is the Sydney Writers' Festival going to photograph/film my students?
Sydney Writers' Festival employs the services of a professional photographer and videographer to record events throughout the Festival. These photos are for archival and marketing purposes. The purchase of a ticket grants implied permission for these photos/footage to be used for the intended purposes. If you, or any students in your care, do not wish to be photographed/filmed, please inform the photographer/videographer at the venue or contact a Festival representative on the day.
Can I get a risk assessment document for visiting the Festival?
Risk assessments will be available to download at the beginning of March 2022.
What are the payment terms and conditions?
Primary and Secondary School Days
All bookings must be submitted by Wednesday 4 May 2022.
Bookings made prior to Friday 11 March 2022 will be eligible to pay a 50% holding deposit and should consult their invoice for when payment is due.
Bookings made after Friday 11 March 2022, must be paid in full, 72 hours after receipt of your invoice.
Early payment of invoices is welcomed.
All booking requests are processed in order of receipt. Once processed, you will be sent a tax invoice to confirm your reservation. Any booking change requests must be submitted in writing. Additional seats are subject to availability.
Bookings affected by changes to NSW Health guidelines that prevent excursions from taking place will be fully refunded. All other refund requests will be carefully considered in light of current public health risks and/or changes to your school's internal policy. Refund requests must be made in writing to email@example.com.