School may be back but stories are for every day of the week. Little kids with boisterous brains can unleash their imaginations onto this week’s collection of fun activities.
- Aimed at introducing children to artists and art history concepts, this activity from Casula Powerhouse invites kids to create their own soundsuit inspired by Nick Cave. Watch the video and check out the other activities from Casula.
- Discover where words come from and make a word sculpture in this fun activity from the Centre for Contemporary Asian Art.
- Imagine all the things you’d love in your very own fantastical house – and then bring it to life with this creative activity from the State Library of NSW.
- Paint a watercolour postcard masterpiece with these instructions from Sydney artist Jumaadi with the Art Gallery of NSW.
- How would you describe yourself in three words? What would you choose to change about the world? Join artist Richard Bell and discover how he responds to these questions in this activity from the MCA.
- Make a story using objects you can find easily at home alongside MCA Art Educator Brook in the 'Art is Everywhere' activity!
- Know your Kronosaurus from your Mosasaur? Journey to prehistoric Australia to learn all about the dinosaurs that roamed (or swam) here and test your knowledge in these activities from National Museum Australia.
- It’s opening night, and you’re the producer! Learn how to stage your very own play at home or school with the ‘House Play’ series from Sydney Opera House.